Kirkland & Ellis LLP, is an international law firm, with headquarters in Chicago. The firm is one of the elite firms, and their restructuring, private equity, and intellectual property groups are still regarded as leaders in the industry. They are well known as a global litigation practice, who offer their services to large corporations going to trial. The firm has been serving its clients for more than 100 years, their main service areas include complex litigation, tax and corporate, restructuring, intellectual property, client service, and superior legal work
The firm currently has offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Chicago, London, Los Angeles, New York, Munich, Palo Alto, Shanghai, Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Houston, and Munich. With a gross revenue of $2.65 billion in 2017, they are ranked as the second highest gross revenue firm in the United States.
The firm has grouped its practice areas in broad categories, listed below are the areas of practice.
● Antitrust & Competition – they offer more than 100 years of experience, and have handled some of the most complex antitrust cases around the world. The firm takes on civil and criminal antitrust litigation defense, expedited transaction clearance, government investigation defense, and real world counseling.
● Corporate – the firm offers a complete range of corporate services, that range for corporate transactions, internal issues.
● Intellectual Property – with more than 230 intellectual property lawyers the firm is more than well equipped to take on intellectual property cases. Their lawyers are well trained in various industries, and offer complete services regarding the matter.
● Litigation – they offer experienced litigators, that offer top class services. They are able to offer their clients with deep knowledge on matters regarding their case, with a trial ready attitude and approach.
● Real Estate – they offer modern solutions to their clients real estate needs, and take on real estate, securities, corporate, tax law, partnership, to complex business transactions that involve ownership, acquisition, operation and financing of commercial real estate.
● Restructuring – the firm takes on some of the most complex and high profile cases related to restructuring around the world. They take on multi jurisdictional cases, and have written history at times. They help navigate their clients through rough and hard to understand situations on matters regarding various industries, such as energy, real estate, manufacturing, entertainment, media, and transportation.
● Tax, Benefits, & Estate Planning – the firm offers high profile clients with estate planning services, benefits, and tax related matters. They offer custom services and advice regarding to their matter, so they can get the best service possible.
● Int’l Trade & National Security – they offer a complete range of services related to the international trade and national security matters. Their practice includes CFIUS, ITAR, EAR, OFAC, AML, Data security & privacy, Industrial security & Mitigation agreements, and others.
● Government & Internal Investigations – the firm offers sophisticated and cost effective services to clients around the globe. They have enough resources and lawyers to easily tackle high profile cases around the world. They take on a range of services from pre-investigation, to mitigation and prevention, to internal investigations, or defense of government investigation, to the resolution through trial or settlement.
● Regulatory – the firm offers legal counsel to leading corporations in various practice areas.